Saven Deliverance By Siobhan Davis Review | Books

March 09, 2017

Today I'm sharing with you my thoughts and feeling on the final book in the Saven series, Saven Deliverance by Siobhan Davis!

Saven Deliverance by Siobhan Davis

My rating: 4/5


I received this an arc of this book for review from the author, but my opinions are my own.
Saven Deliverance is the final book in the Saven series :( and I have read every book in the series now, except from the novella from Ax and Sadie's life.
I have to say that I am disappointed that this series is coming to an end. I really enjoyed the novels and am excited to see what Davis is writing next.
If you don't want to get any spoilers for the series, I do try to omit them, but I would suggest reading my review of the first Saven Novel.
This book followed Sadie and Logan as they try and stop a war between the universe and make everything better again, in short.
I really enjoyed the book and seeing all of the plot points weave together to create the end.
The characters were also awesome, we saw the resurgence of characters from previous books and that was really cool.
The book didn't get 5 stars for two reasons;
The first reason is because I felt that the main antagonists were removed far too early in the game. We spent a lot of time with them previously and I really hoped that there was be an *epic* resolution. And there was an okay little battle but it could have been so much better, in my eyes! For the antagonist, there was definitely more to be desired with their end.
The second is the split viewpoints. I understood that Sadie and Logan had to sound similar, but they sounded a bit too similar for my taste. I felt that I had to remind myself of who was writing each chapter because I couldn't tell what POV that I was meant to be reading from. Sadie was okay, but I think that Logan was too girly and I didn't appreciate it.
I was reading some of the other reviews, (not something that I usually do because it tends to influence my opinion) and I was reminded that in one of the previous books, there was a glimpse into the future when Sadie had kids. I wish that was included in like a little epilogue or something.
I could have done with about 80 more pages to the book, but that is personal preference!
Overall, although I had a few problems, I really enjoyed the book. It had some good plot lines and we met some previous characters that I was happy to see again. I would definitely read this series again and I will really miss the characters in the series!

Click Here To Read More of My Reviews


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram