The Unpopular Bookish Opinions Tag!

November 20, 2016

Hiya,
So today I am doing the Unpopular Bookish Opinions Tag which I have seen a lot of youtubers do and thought that I might try it.
I have no intentions of offending anyone, sorry if you disagree with me. These are just my opinions and I don't expect that everyone will agree.

1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.
For this I am going to have to go with the one book with the girl in the apple on the cover or whatever it is called. Is her named Cassia or something?
*spends a few minutes searching goodreads*
AHA!
My answer to this question is definitely Matched by Ally Condie. I read this for a book club a few years ago, and honestly I have picked better books. I disliked the main character, whatever her name was. The book was pretty forgettable. The only thing that I remember is how terrible I found it.
Recently though, I have had a change of heart and would be willing to pick up some of the books that I disliked again, so in the future I might like this, who knows.

Image result for matched by allie condie



2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love. 
For this question what I did was I went into my read books on goodreads and then put them in ascending order of their average ratings.
One author's books which I was surprised to see there was Jacqueline Wilson's novels. In the UK, Jacqueline Wilson is a huge author, especially with my generation. I still have a few of her books on my shelves. I even had a friend who owned a copy of every single one of her books, #fangirlliving.
Books like the Cat Mummy have an average rating of only 3.2 stars or around that number, sometimes even lower. I know that in year 4 and 5 I absolutely adored JW's writing but I guess it isn't as popular nowadays.

The Cat Mummy

3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don't like. 
I am just going to say the Hunger Games and Twilight. If you haven't read either of those series then go read them. I am not mentioning characters though as that might hint to who won in that. I just don't find the girls in these books very attractive or so amazing that guys are after them. Like guys I don't care.
If I am honest, there are probably a few more of those but I can't think of any!

4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for. 
Historical fiction. I go through phases, but rarely have I gone through I phase where I constantly read any Historical Fiction. But some of my favourite books are Historical Fiction so I should really read those more often.

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Peeta Mellark. He isn't cute. At all. In fact, he is annoying.


6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into. 
...Ummm... Pass

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. 
I'm tired of trilogies. I'm tired of love triangles. I am tired of orphaned people.

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
There aren't really any for this question. I love reading and if people I like enjoy something then why shouldn't I enjoy it too?

9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
NONE. EVER.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram