Nemesis by Anna Banks- Book Review

October 04, 2016

Nemesis (Nemesis #1)

Nemesis by Anna Banks


My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

I received this book free for review for the promotional blog tour, however this is an unbiased and completely honest review. All thoughts are my own.

Nemesis by Anna Banks is the first book in an Eygptian Fantasy series which follows the main character- Maga Sepora, the Princess of the mountainous lands of Serubel when she escapes her country in favour of asylum in the neighbouring land, which coincidentally in the enemy land of her country.
Here she meets Tarik, the recently crowned King of her enemy, the Theorians. He is adjusting to his new placement at the top of the hierachy as well as face a new plague sweeping Theoria.
She is also a Forger, a member of the royal family and the final forger in Serubel. She can create a liquid element of spectorium which provides energy to create anything.
Sepora's gift could save Tarik's kingdom from the Quiet Plague. But should she trust her growing feelings for her nemesis, or should she hide her gifts at all costs?

I really liked this novel. I found it very enjoyable to read and moved very quickly. The fact that it started after Sepora had fled appealed to me as it meant that we got to learn more about her past as we went on.
The book did lose half a star because at the start I found that there were a few information dumps in the start of the book. I think that if it were 10 pages or so longer, the reader would have understood the plot without the dumps and there would be nothing to catch up on.
I like that Sepora didn't make many silly decisions. I hate it when the MC does silly things but because of Sepora's personality she wasn't a Tris (Tris made some awful decisions in the Divergent trilogy)
I think that my favourite character was Tarik, but I liked Sethos, strangely. At the start I thought he was really a douche, but I really got to liking him towards the end. Maybe not with Sepora though.
Rashidi, ugh, just shut up (that was literally what I thought of him). I feel like in the future he would join an anti-royalty religious cult if no ones careful though. So it might be best to keep him around.

I would definitely recommend this book and I can't wait for the next one in the series! Anna Banks may have to join my list of most anticipated authors as I am so interested in what happens to Sepora and Tarik in the next book in the series.


Click here to view all my reviews
post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram