How I Do My Daily Quiet Times

October 18, 2016

Hello,


I thought that I would share a more spiritual post today, as I haven't done so in a while.
After having a brilliant and extremely spiritual week away with my church at the start of August, so I thought that maybe I should share a few things that I learnt after that camp with you all!



Today I am going to share about my daily quiet time. Maybe you aren't Christian and don't know what these are, but it is basically where you spend time reading the Bible and meditating on God's Word each day.

I do my quiet times in the morning because they put me in the right mindset for the rest of the day, I feel like they put me in a peaceful little bubble and if I did them in the evening I would forget or fall asleep :D

I start off my listening to some worship music (I will be sharing my playlist of my favourites soon) I do this because it really helps me to focus and blocks out any sounds from outside.
Then I will pray. I tend to write down my prayers. When I pray, it is really just like writing down a list of what I am thankful for, because I find that there are also things to be thankful for and it is easy to do so! I personally find it the stereotypical version of praying very outdated as you can really pray however you like.
After this I will start my bible study. I use the YouVersion app a lot when studying and reading the Bible as it is really helpful and insightful. I usually w
ill spend about 15 minutes doing this and is the main part of my quiet time.
Next, I like to quickly pray and sum up what I have done in the bible study. This prayer is short and is the ending of my quiet time.

Thank you so much for reading, and I hope that you can take ideas from this for your own daily quiet times!




You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. In all honesty, I didn't know this type of thing existed until I read your post. Now I'm thinking of starting my own to get a little closer to God! I especially love how you incorporate music into your routine; I'm a huge music lover so I feel like it will help myself a lot more. Thank you for sharing, lovely!! ^.^

    Abeni
    heyabeni.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am glad that this post has taught you something and has influenced you to pursue your own relationship with God. I wish you all the best with it!
      Rachel x

      Delete
  2. This is lovely! I like to put on some music and just think

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats cool too! I honestly do think I have the focus to do that, but it is cool that you are able to.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram