Saven Defiance by Siobhan Davis: Review

September 02, 2016

Saven Defiance (Saven #3)

Saven Defiance 



I received this book for free from the author, however that does not affect my opinion of the novels.

So Saven Defiance is the third book in the Saven series by Siobhan Davis. I have read and reviewed the other novels in the series.
My Review of Book 1
My Review of Book 2

I feel like there is not much else I can say about the book other than
MY MIND IS BLOWN

The series follows Sadie, a girl from the poorer part of futuristic USA who enrolls in a government scheme to move some of the population underwater, there she meets Logan, who is really hot and... you can pretty much guess what happens next.
The plot was super action filled and there were really no words wasted throughout the book. It was super enjoyable reading all the things that happened and the book was hard to put down in places where there was so much going on! The way the plot progressed was also a great pace and the way that Davis really crafted scenes made them so 3D. I felt like things were going on in right front of me as characters and plot folded out so well, as if they were to have happened in real life.
So Siobhan never fails to amaze me with her writing throughout the books. As the 5th book I believe I've read by her, she is definitely one of my auto buy authors.
This book isn't my favourite in the series but I still very much enjoyed it. One of the main factors as to why I didn't enjoy it as much as other novels in the series is the development in the supporting characters. I really wish that we saw more Haydn, Neve, Izzy, Rylan, Dali, Win, Alex and Fern (pretty much all of the supporting characters) as this book was mainly focused on Ax, who we meet in the Saven: Denial novella, Sadie and Logan. I did enjoy it, but I feel like I should have seen more of other characters, which is why this is a 4 star review instead of a 5.
Another thing is the romance got a little sappy and gushy at times so it took away from the book a little in places. I do really tend to like the romance aspect of books, but it got a little too much at times.

Overall, I would definitely suggest anyone who loves romance to try reading these novels. I personally think that they are great and have tons of action!

Click Here To See All My Reviews


post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram