My Favourite Book Opening Quotes | Feature Follow Friday

August 19, 2016


The Feature and Follow is the premium BLOG HOP of Book Bloggers. Running for over five years, the Feature and Follow’s goal is to promote the book blogging and author community to join together and support each other – even if it is just through a simple follow. The FF also promotes creative post options by offering interesting topics we can all talk about and comment on! Come join us.



What is your favorite opening scene? 

A man being hugged by a girl, behind them a pile of books is on fire.
First the colours.
Then the humans.
That’s how I usually see things.
Or at least, how I try.

*** HERE IS A SMALL FACT ***
You are going to die.

-Markus Zusak

The Book Thief (otherwise known as one of my all time favourite books) starts with this pretty iconic statement.




Gram is worried about me. It’s not just because my sister Bailey died four weeks ago, or because my mother hasn’t contacted me in sixteen years, or even because suddenly all I think about is sex. She is worried about me because one of her houseplants has spots.

-Jandy Nelson

The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson, another one of my all time favourite novels.










post signature

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Nice Choices! I have been really wanting to read The Book Thief! I've heard nothing but good things about it. Old Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read either of these books. I've heard lots of great things about The Book Thief of course. The Sky is Everywhere sounds really good, so I'm going to add it to my TBR list. New follower on Bloglovin'. Here is my post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Book Thief and has beautiful passages in it. I can understand why Zusak's novel is on your list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram