Favourite Book To Movie Adaptations | Feature Follow Friday

July 22, 2016


The Feature and Follow is the premium BLOG HOP of Book Bloggers. Running for over five years, the Feature and Follow’s goal is to promote the book blogging and author community to join together and support each other – even if it is just through a simple follow. The FF also promotes creative post options by offering interesting topics we can all talk about and comment on! Come join us.

gfc twitter bloglovin


So this weeks prompt is to share your favourite book to movie adaptations. I love going to see book to film adaptations although sometimes I can be very apprehensive about the changes made from book to screen. However, there are some which I feel were done really well, which are the following


1. The Book Thief

A man being hugged by a girl, behind them a pile of books is on fire.

I absolutely love the book and the film "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. It is about a girl called Liesel, put into foster care in Germany during World War II.The book itself I read before watching the film and absolutely loved it. It was extremely well written and I had really high expectations for the film version. I cannot say I was disappointed with the film. I am not much of a film reviewer but as a huge fan of the novel I can say that it was brilliant (although some of the reviews from others would say otherwise)

2. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts I and II

Splitting this book into two films was a great choice as it meant that smaller scenes which would have been missed out in a larger film weren't sacrificed. The cast was amazing for the whole series and the last two films were brilliant!


3. Little Women


Finally is a childhood favourite of mine- Little Women. This was probably the only reason I learnt how to use the video player and watched it all the time as a kid. When I finally read the book I loved it and the screen captured cartoon version was a great representation of what I read.

post signature

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I had forgotten about Little Women! Though I never read the book. While its true about MockingJay Parts but I loved the first movie the best. And I have yet to watch and read The Book Thief. Guess I should read it soon!
    New Bloglovin' follower!
    Check out My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked Hunger Games as well. I've had The Book Thief on my TBR forever, but I've never read it, nor seen the movie.

    New follower on Bloglovin!

    Heather
    Bloodthirsty Muses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen The Book Thief, but I do have the book. I just need to get around to reading it. One of my good friends would read me sections of Little Women and talk to me about it (one of her favorites), but I haven't read the entire book. I didn't even know there was a cartoon movie - I'll have to tell her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Little Women. Great pick. Following on Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Little Woman cartoon looks pretty interesting! Here’s my FF!

    Following you through GFC and Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't watched the book thief but thank you for recommend it to me! New Bloglovin follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice choices! I Haven’t read or watch the The Book Thief. I have to check them both out. Also, Thank you for commenting on my blog! I’m following you on Twitter, Goodreads, and Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked the Hunger Games movies, especially Catching Fire, but sadly it didn't make my list :(

    Following via Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick THG are my absolute favorite book/movie ever. Thank you for stopping by my #FFF. New follower on Twitter and Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So you watched an animated Little Women? I don't think I've ever heard of that. I bet that's adorable. Have you seen the 1994 movie too? I loved that one. More than the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram