You Know Me Well by David Levithan and Nina LaCour- Review

June 02, 2016

Rating: 4.5 stars

I received this book in the form of an ARC free for review, however all opinions are my own and the review is completely unbiased.

You Know Me Well by David Levithan and Nina LaCour is an beautiful story of two people, Kate and Mark, who meet each other in a bar during Pride Week. It follows them as they become friends and face the trials of being in love for the first time together.



I really liked this novel. I thought that it was so sweet and funny and sad at times. I really fell into the authors hands while reading this, and the book really toyed with my emotions. I loved all the characters and it is probably one of the books I've read the fastest this year, which is very funny seeing as I have had exams.

The characters were brilliant. I love Mark the most probably, he was so dynamic and 3D to me. I felt like I understood all of his actions at times and he was just amazing. Kate was good too, I preferred her in the last 25 pages of the book but I felt like she was a bit stiff and kind of dull before. I loved Violet and all the mystery around her as well as the other characters (apart from Ryan, I don't want to spoil you but Ryan just wasn't a likeable character for me)

Only a handful of things bugged me, such as Kate's decisions sometimes and Lehna and Ryan (who were my least favourite characters)

The LGBT theme throughout the book was really well written and I feel like this book really shows awareness for everyone and I absolutely loved that aspect of it. I also think that it really went well alongside the dual perspective, and I always knew who was writing, whether it be Kate or Mark. It was such a beautiful refreshing read as I haven't seen nor read a novel based on LGBT love before, but have read books with LGBT themes.

Everyone who is interested in LGBT love or want to see the one of the many forms love take, I tell you right now, pick up this novel.

Today is also the release day of this book, so I urge you all to go and purchase it!

Click Here To See All My Other Reviews!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram