Indigo's Dragon by Sofi Croft- Review!

April 06, 2016

Indigo's DragonIndigo's Dragon by Sofi Croft

I received this book free from the publisher, however that does not directly affect my opinion of the novel and/or skew it in any way. All opinions are my own and this review is honest.


I have an interview with the author premiering on creativityandcrazy.blogspot.com in Early April.

Indigo's Dragon by Sofi Croft is a fantastic novel about a boy called Indigo (named after his unusual Indigo eyes) who embarks on an adventure after mysteriously receiving his Grandfather's satchel in the post one day to later find him missing.

I really enjoyed the plot, I liked the characters and it was a fun read. I thought that the plot was really well thought out, with some really enjoyable areas in it.
For such a short book, I was surprised at how emotionally invested in the characters I became, as towards the end I laughed and caught my breath at some of the best of moments.
What I thought was cool was that this novella is set in the Polish mountains, I have never read a novel set in such a place and I think that it is so cool! It definitely added to the uniqueness of the story and was great in general.

There are two main reasons that I didn't think that this was a five star novel. I felt like the novel was a little bit out of my age range, which stopped me from enjoying it slightly. This was quite disappointing, because although it isn't the fault of the book, it just wasn't suited to my taste at that moment. However, in you were 13 or under or so, and/or you were just getting into reading, or the summary of the book appeals to you a lot. then you may have found a winner! Unfortunately as much as I enjoyed the novel, it wasn't for me.
I also thought the novel was too short. Again, this may have been due to the targeted age range. It really did double as a quick read though, so that didn't bother me as such. I just wish for maybe another 30 pages on the top of it.

Overall, I thought that this book would be brilliant for someone who was looking for a quick read to take their mind off of something (like an exam), need an in between read or you are young and you want to try out a cool adventure novel set in a different place, definitely try out Indigo's Dragon because it will probably be straight up your street. Also if you are quite young (I want to say under 12 or 13) because you would definitely find the writing style quite simple or easy. (or if you are simply looking for a simple writing style, check out the novella)



Click Here To See All My Goodreads Reviews!

post signature

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. That's a lovely, thoughtful review! Great points, well made. I read this book too and thoroughly enjoyed it! I'd definitely recommend it to the age range you mention, as well as either side for confident younger readers, or older readers who want a fast, satisfying read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram