Life Update: Being Vegan

March 17, 2016


Hello There!

I hope you are doing okay! I wanted to do a little bit more of a chatty post today, honestly just because I feel like it! Grab a cup of tea and snuggle up on the sofa! (Obviously only if you can. Please don't do this on public transport or in a car or something)



Being Vegan

So this is the first topic I want to talk about in this (potential) series! I have realised that a lot of people don't really understand the concept of Veganism, and for that I have to refer you back to first post because that really explains what I have been doing for the past couple of weeks.
Honestly, I think it is getting kind of... boring.
I know I need to cook. But last time that I did cook, I cooked too much and I need to finish it. I also need to make more lasting snacks but I don't have cash to splash on more ingredients if I am honest.
However, I definitely feel so much healthier than previously. I exceed my five a day for once, drink litres of water and have downed my portion sizes and I feel more energizes. I also don't really binge or do anything similar, which is amazing! I've also lost a little bit of weight, not noticeably but I saw the scales...yeah.
What sort of annoys me is that people think that I am starving myself or just living on bread and water... I'm really not! In some ways my diet is boring, but it is the healthiest and the most varied it has been in ages, and I am pleased with it. Another thing I get asked is "Why didn't you just go Vegetarian? Why did you have to go Vegan?"
I did it because I want to represent Jesus' loss with my own sacrifice, something that means something to me, or I have grown attached to over the past years.

In this next update I will tell you a little bit about some of the recipes that I've tried! (I would put it into this post, but I have basically only tried two)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram