Playing For Love By Dana Burkey: Review

February 06, 2016

Playing For LovePlaying For Love by Dana Burkey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this book free for review (and I promised that review ages ago- so sorry!) but that doesn't affect my opinion of the story and all opinions are unbiased and my own

Playing for Love by Dana Burkey is a novel about fourteen year old Fiona who is absolutely smitten, infatuated with her brothers best friend Jordan and will do anything to get him.
She decides to go sporty to try and win his heart, joining her schools junior varsity soccer team (for me and any other Brits, that's U15 football).
I don't want to spoil want happens next because I read the synopsis and it doesn't say. But something big happens to Fiona which really affects her confidence but this is a contemporary, and things always get better, in time.

I really enjoyed the characters and the plot of the novel. It was very fun and exciting and I would love to read more of something similar.

I really enjoyed this book and definitely got me in the contemporary mood. It was a fairly fast read, but it would be perfect for a plane trip or summer beach read or the perfect contemporary in the run up to V-Day!



Click to See All My Goodreads Reviews!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram