Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry- Review

November 22, 2015

Nowhere but Here by Katie McGarry

I received this book for free from the publisher to review, however all opinions are my own and the review is completely unbiased.

Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry is a novel about a girl called Emily who has lived in sunny Florida all her life. Her mother came from Kentucky, a place far away from her and left her past there, starting afresh with her daughter as a baby.

During a lengthened trip to Kentucky, Emily realises that the safe home and life she had lived for so long wasn't really reality, and secrets begin to unravel and her past becomes clearer as she finds out the truth about her family.

As well as this, she meets mysterious Oz, a bad boy with the reputation to go alongside it. But she learns a lot about him, and he already knows a lot about her. They both want something; Oz to join the Reign of Terror, a prestigious Kentucky biker gang and Emily wants to find out the truth about her family. And they have to work together if they both want to get their way.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It was really interesting and definitely different compare to the other YA novels out there. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting from it, but that is good.

The characters and setting were well thought out and I think that McGarry did really well with that. I loved feeling like I was hanging out in Snowflake with the characters.

In terms of the writing, I really got into it, and it was really professional yet easy to read. I feel that with Netgalley, they tend to skip letters like 'fl' and 'fi'. I guess that is to stop people from copying the novel. But that is pretty frustrating when the story is set in a place called Snowflake.

The reason the novel lost a star is because it was really angst-y and I wasn't really into that. The teenage love was all hot and steamy body parts and lusting over each other and that frankly, wasn't very appealing. I would have rather Oz and Emily liked each other because of their quick wit and then realized how hot each other were, but hey ho.

I still really enjoyed this book and it won't stop me from reading the rest of the Thunder Road novels, and I definitely want to try some more of McGarry's writing. Just bear in mind that some of the writing in the book isn't really suitable for younger teens.

Click Here To Buy From Harlequin Teen
Click Here To Read More of My Reviews




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram