Golden Flapjack Recipe!

October 17, 2015

Hi Guys!


I made these flapjacks not that long ago and I really loved them. It was the fourth time possibly I had made them and they are so sweet and enjoyable. They are also a great snack!

Here is the recipe! I did use someone elses recipe at first (linked here) but I have altered it quite a lot so I decided to write my altered variation here!

Golden Flapjacks

Ingredients
80g of butter or magarine
40g of caster or brown sugar (I used brown)
3 tbsps of golden syrup or honey (I used honey)
150g of porridge oats or instant porridge satchets
Icing sugar (optional)
Dried fruit (optional)

  1. Preheat your oven to 170C or Gas Mark 4. 
  2. Grease a square tray with butter or line with greaseproof paper.
  3. Soften butter in saucepan on a low hear and add sugar slowly. 
  4. Once butter and sugar are combined add golden syrup of honey and stir.
  5. Once combined and both the butter and sugar have dissolved, tip in the oats.
  6. Add fruit is desired and stir gently until coated and then take off of heat.
  7. Pour mixture into tray and even out with a spoon or knife,
  8. Put tray in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
  9. Take out of oven and cut immediately while somewhat soft.
  10. Once cooled, dredge icing sugar across top
  11. Done!

I hope you like the recipe, let me know if you try it out!


post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram