Amy and Roger's Epic Detour- Review

October 13, 2015

Hey Guys!
This is my review of Morgan Matson's "Amy and Roger's Epic Detour" I really enjoyed reading this book back in October, however I wish I had read it in the Summer because it would have probably been the best thing to read then.
Anyways, I hope you like the review!
Rachel x




Amy and Roger's Epic DetourAmy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

THANK YOU BOOKSPLOSION!
For without you, I would never have read this sh-mazing book! Overall, the entire book was amazing, the writing style, plot, the sights and touristic features, I loved it all!! I really hope you pick up this book, and pick it up now!

So, this book starts off with this teenager called Amy (I can't remember how old she was, 16 or 17) and after a tragic death in her immediate family, her mother decides to start a clean slate and move to Connecticut. Therefore, Amy's mum planned out a 4 day journey from Little Rock, California to Connecticut in the summer. However, Amy hasn't been behind the wheel since the Accident. So enter Roger, sweet, cute, tall 19 year old Amy spend her road trip with. After a whirlwind of activities and fun and romance, who wants the detour to come to an end?

I love the style of Morgan Matson's writing, she lays down all the groundwork and the writing style really pulls you into her story and plot. I really enjoyed reading all flashbacks and their triggers as we get to know her more; also the most amazing thing about this book is the pictures, it is supposed to be set out like a travel journal so it is full of receipts and photos and it is so, so, so, cute and fun!!!. As well as a physical journey, there was such a strong emotional journey that she went on as well, same with Roger. They both had problems at the beginning, and as they became stronger in each other and themselves they. So I think it's best you read this book yourself (like right now!!!) to experience an unforgettable road trip .
As well as a contemporary, Matson really gives an underlying moral about dealing with loss. Amy is a real example of the mix of emotions when you lose a dearly loved one. You really want to hold it all in, but it is eating you alive. But when you stop, when you let it out, it is like a flower, getting rid of that pain which enveloped you, made you grow and evolve. It made you stronger. Moving on is the recurring theme in the book, and is also a recurring theme in life. I'm glad this book had that topic, because it is a secondhand experience but it feels just like the real thing.

I want to read another book like this, so maybe I will just read this one again...
Rachel



View all my reviews

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram