Promtastic by Liz Elwes- Review

June 15, 2015

PromtasticPromtastic by Liz Elwes

Disclaimer: I received this book for review from Scholastic, but that didn't change the fact that I enjoyed the book, although I got the book for free.

So Scholastic offered to send this to me a couple of weeks ago for free and obviously I accepted. I have really been getting into Prom posts on my blog recently, so a Prom Themed Book? Awesome!

This fun contemporary by Liz Elwes follows the stories of 5 different girls on their journeys leading up to Prom, some dread it, some are anticipating it, but you'll have to find out what one is!

Honestly, in some points of the book it was a little cliché and predictable towards the end of the book, the girl's endings weren't that surprising in some cases. I felt it was a slightly typical contemp, the way the girls thought and acted. But honestly it was an amazing read and would be perfect if this was your prom season, because it is a really cute book! I loved the way that it wrapped up and it would end up being a super amazing book if this year you went to Prom. It could also be relatable for you guys, which would be awesome! At the start the five dual perspectives were slightly confusing, but if after a while I could tell who I was reading about. I also ending up cringing in the awkward moments and routing for the protagonists in the final scenes and throughout the book.

At the end of the book were also some really amazing tips for Prom as well as an awesome quiz which I actually feel my whole life relates to... It was great that they were added, because as well as the book being fun and laugh out loud funny in some cases, it is really insightful and could end up saving you from having a couple of Promzilla moments. I would say pick up this book for the fun of it!

More of a 3.85-4 to be honest.



Click Here to See all my Goodreads reviews!


post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram