My Summer Hair Care Routine!

June 22, 2015

I was requested what feels like a millennium ago by a hair company called Madison Reed to share my Hair Routine on my blog. 

I have to apologise because recently I haven't actually been keeping up with their emails! (I'm not perfect, okay?)

So! My hair routine is a little bit wrecked and crazy and it doesn't really differ from my previous routine, but let me tell you a little bit about my hair first.
I have braids or single plaits pretty much all the time. They are when you have extensions (I use synthetic hair, but some people use human hair or animal fur, i.e. yarn braids or horse tail) braided in with your real hair from the roots. I do this because they are really protective of my hair and last long- also I have no patience to be curling my hair or styling it everyday!
Braids are different to dreadlocks; you keep braids in for shorter periods of time and they are a lot neater. Dreadlocks can be old braids, but are usually not the same.


I also have little silver braid cuffs inserted in my hair, those are little silver beads or clamps you can string on your braids for decoration. I have quite a few different colours- you can buy them online but my sister got them for me when on holiday! 




This hair is particularly long- it hits about waist length on me. I do like my hair pretty long though so that's okay. I am also trying to grow my hair out underneath it (my natural hair is just touching my shoulder blades at the moment) so I need them quite long! 

The products I use are;
ORS Olive Oil Wrap Set Mousse- I use this frequently (probably two to three times a week) to keep my hair shiny and smell good- this is also really moisturising for the hair in the braids! 
Dark and Lovely Rich and Natural Hair Dress- I use this to moisturize my roots and keep them soft and nourished as they grow out! I can't use it too often or my hair gets oily- so I try and use it only once a week or twice if I need to!
Dark and Lovely Braids Conditioning Spray- once you do your hair it is quite right and sore or irritating, I use this to keep my scalp soothed and still condition my new braids.
Hollywood Beauty Argan Conditioner and Shampoo- I can't wash my hair as much because of the braids will get messy and the hair in them will get knotty- so I wash my hair once a week or once every ten days if I can- sometimes I won't wash it for quite a while (don't get disgusted, my hair is never that dirty anyways and it is not unhygienic, it is just if I am also washing my hair I will ruin my braids and hair underneath). I use this conditioner and the matching shampoo to clean the dirt from my hair and keep it soft too! I love that it is all natural too!

That is all I have for today! I hope that you liked this post, please let me know if you do!

post signature

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. No problem! I am glad that you enjoyed it.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram