The Duff by Kody Keplinger- Review

April 09, 2015

The Duff by Kody Keplinger

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I received this book for free from the publishers to review, however all opinions are my own and the review is completely unbiased.

The DUFF by Kody Keplinger is the hilarious story of teen anti-socialite Bianca Piper and her life out of the spotlight. She is a smart and spunky student, but compared to her friends Casey and Jessica, she is the one in the shadows.

While hanging out with her beautiful, talented friends, popular womaniser and one of Bianca's enemies Wesley Rush labels her the offensive term, D.U.F.F. (Meaning 'Designated Ugly Fat Friend') compared to her friends.

After this, situations in Bianca's personal life force her to turn to the boy she would have rather throttled. But as she got to know him, is it possible that she and Wesley had more things in common than she initially thought?

I really enjoyed this book a lot. It was so interesting and kept me entertained. I loved all the cringy and hilarious bits in the story, they made me laugh and cover my eyes and more. The characters were amazingly drawn out and seemed really real, the setting and emotions made sense and were amazing.

The book also had an amazing moral in the end, which a lot of books these days tend to lack. The story said so much about the coming of age, falling in love, dealing with family issues. Keplinger handles so many different problems so well and wraps the book up so beautifully.

Overall, I literally adored this book so much and I really enjoyed reading it. This book really didn't disappoint me and I am definitely going to read the companion novel to this, LOL.

Thank you to Hachette Children's Books for giving this to me!




Click Here to Read More of My Reviews

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this book! I read it recently because I won it in a giveaway and I actually didn't care for it. ): I was so sad because everyone loves it! I'll have to reread it when I'm in a different mood!

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram