Reading, Blogging and Social Goals- 2015

January 01, 2015

Hello! I hope you're having a Happy New Year Guys!

I really wanted to write the goals I have for the New Year. Also I am catching up on my blog posts, because I am been slacking when it comes to blog reading :(

This post is inspired by 'Our bookish goals for 2015' post on The Broke and The Bookish.

1. Catch up on my series: This is basically copied from the original post. Daisy and I are just currently suffering from the same problem. I've start reading SO many series and just end up pausing and/or never continue beyond the first or second book. A lot of this is because the series hasn't finished, but half the time I am just screwing with myself. I mean, A series of Unfortunate Events? The Mortal Instruments? This is one thing that is a constant goal of mine. I have a list of series that have been updated while I sit and not read them. I should really be ashamed of myself.

2. Read more in general Now I'm copying Julia's goals, why am I just a sad plagiarist? My Goodreads goal for 2014 was 75 books, and I supposedly read 55 in the year of 2014. I am pretty proud of that though. This year I really want to read, I don't know, may be I will try for 80 books. That means that I have to read a book every four and a bit days... I can do that right?

3. Read at least 5 classics in 2015: Cheater, this is Jamie's goal. I have never really been a classics reader, but I know that there are a couple I want to read. I love Heidi and Little Women and I have the Railway Children and The Jungle Book and a huge set of them in my house I can read.


4. Stop returning my library books late: Jamie, yes, yes, yesssss! I can't tell you how much money I spent on late fees in 2014. I mean, it's kind of like donating to the library but I'd rather it be on my own terms rather than because I'm too lazy or forgetful. I am doing the 'Put your library on hold' challenge this month and also I am going to set myself a rule, no more than three library books at a time, the only exceptions are read-a-thons.

5. Use my E-Reader more: Last year, I think I bought maybe one book on my Kobo. And that was the dictionary. I do want to save money, but it would be nice not just to get every free book I can find. So that means I am going to have to buy some books and finish some series. 

6. Blog twice a week: At the beginning or the year, you'd be lucky to see me blog twice a month. So I am trying to blog more often, although I still don't have that much time, there are these things called week-ends, yeah, I should use them more wisely.

7. Do more fashion posts. I want this blog to be books and beauty. Which means there needs to be more beauty. I do adore this community, but I really need to reach into another right now.

8.  Get 100 bloglovin' followers, 150 twitter followers and 50 instagram followers. Why I don't even have 90 twitter followers yet, I don't know! Aren't I an interesting person?

9. Read more ARC's and books for review- I read books from the library and get charged when they are late, although I do not mind deadlines. If I read more books which are ARC's, then no charge and I am free! Apart from the reviewing deadline.

10. Do more tags and challenges- Recently, I haven't done very many, but now I want to do more. I would like to do 10 this year, but I have no idea what ones to choose, so... bear with. 
If you have a tag you want me to do, let me know or tag me!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Sounds like some rally great goals! Following back!! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to blog more this year too!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you on bloglovin now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one applies to me too, I always never go back to series' that I create.
    I need to try to read more too as my teachers at school keep telling me that if I read more then my GCSE results will be better.

    Mollie /// The Fashion Of Craft

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram