MUA Luxe Lip Lacquer Review- Reckless

January 11, 2015


Smooch your way to red carpet glamour with MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers. Long - lasting and kiss proof, these intense formulas come in five rich, vampy shades. Encased in chic frosted glass packaging, these lacquers glide on with the ease of a gloss, drying in seconds into a matte velvety texture. They are the ultimate make-up bag must have.


I feel like I haven't done a beauty post in a while! I hope you guys don't mind!
I wanted to review this Lip Lacquer because I have been using this product now since late October so I feel that I've used it enough I feel to give it a full review. This is the Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer by MUA (Make Up Academy), which is an affordable makeup brand based in the UK. I have accumulated a lot of their products because it is super affordable drugstore brand. All their products are sold for between £1 and £8! They have an online store (Click Here) and are exclusive to Superdrug at the moment. The product currently retails for £3 in store and online.


I love the colour of this lip lacquer. It is called Reckless, which is a great name, and it is like a vampy, blood red colour. A little darker than a post box red. There is a swatch above to see the colour. It is really pigmented, which is love because it means that it covers up dark upper lips like I have got. It is also a really bright colour which doesn't wear and lasts a super long time!

In terms of drying, this lip lacquer is pretty fast. It dries in less than a minute so you can touch it and has an amazing long wear. The mixture is thick and dries to a fairly chalky, matte consistency. It is quite drying on your lips due to the long lasting qualities of it, so I suggest you prime them with something quite moisturising before applying this product. It also sinks into all the creases and crevices in your lips. At first I really wasn't used to the feeling on my lips, it wasn't that comfortable with it on because it was so thick, and I wasn't used to that feeling. However, after the second of third wear I really liked it, and I got over the feel of it on my lips.


I like the frosted packaging, it is very chic and nice looking, but the downside to it is when you are looking for a nice shade it is hard to see the exact colour of it. It is better to swatch the colour in-store, which is where I bought mine.

My rating;

Overall, I chose to finally give this product a 4 out of 5 because I disliked the consistency of the product on my lips at first but I love the colour and the packaging and everything else about the product. I really like the product and would recommend it with the other colours in the set. The product is also matte and long lasting wear which is also very useful. 

I hope you like this review, more beauty to come!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram