Owlet Blog Tour + Review!

December 28, 2014

Hey Guys!

So today I am really happy to be participating in this blog tour today! It is a book called Owlet (as you have probably noticed, so I'm excited! Ms. Michael's kindly offered to send me the novel, and I graciously accepted, and so, here's my review!

Owlet Review


I received this book for free from the author to review, however all opinions are my own and the review is completely unbiased.

My Review:

I quite liked this book. I feel it was really interesting and a hell of a lot happened in it. I am excited to read the next installment, and am just interested in what happens next.

It is about the girl called Iris. She is eighteen years old, and has extremely bad asthma. After a very strong attack, she dreams of a land covered in white feathers. 

After admitting this to her father, the secrecy around her is flattened from the walls encasing her from the real world and she is whisked away with her babysitter/carer, Diana.

As the secrets that kept her life together start to unravel, Iris wonders how much she has even learnt during her eighteen years of life. 

I will repeat this again

A LOT happens in this book. 


This book is about 200 ish pages, which I personally like, because with ebooks I am not the hugest fan of 800 page long sagas, (tried to read City of Ashes on my Kobo, Ugh) so this was better. 
However, I feel to set a lot of scenery and base out the whole of a series, the first of a trilogy and/or a quartet needs to be longer to accommodate the setting, description and introduction of characters. I don't think we even know what Diana looks like. If there was more description in the novel instead of so much action, I would have loved it a lot more.

So in the beginning, the Eyrie and Stryx components of the novel wasn't particularly clear. You got to understand little bits and pieces about the Eyrie and Stryx throughout the novel, but towards the end you are given a full explanation of what is happening.

The book was good and I would like to carry on with the series. It is gonna get a 3.5 from me though for lack of description, purely because I prefer description over action. However if you like the mystery surrounding withheld information and enjoy fast-paced books you should definitely try out this one. 

Thank you Emma for allowing me to participate in your blog tour, and let me know when the next one arrives!

Somewhere between falling and flying… there is a girl.
Iris has a secret. She lost her memory eight years ago and never told a living soul.
After an asthma attack one night she finds out that her dreams of a strange house on a snowy island may be a memory resurfacing but the more she learns about the past the more she realizes the life she has been living is a lie. As the façade her father has built starts to crumble around her she will have to decide which means more to her; the truth or her life.


Find out more at www.EmmaMichaels.com



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram