NaNoWriMo 2014- Why Rachel Failed NaNoWriMo + Tips!

November 30, 2014


Sooo....

As you probably heard from the title, yes, I did fail NaNoWriMo.

However... It was such an amazing experience and I have no regrets of not finishing it because it was so, so fun joining in with everyone.

My story got to 22, 365 words in the end. Which means it is my most developed story so far! The last story which I have written since I was eight is still on like 8,000 words approx. NaMoWriMo was quite stop and start-y for me because I was so busy, but I am so proud of my self!

And here are some tips for next year which I learnt from my mistakes;

  • Plan, plan and plan ahead! Start maybe in late August instead of 45 minutes before midnight on the first. It really will help you and you will probably use less prompts.
  • Go to the NaNoWriMo twitter feed. It's so helpful and you will love it! @NaNoWordSprints actually does have billions of prompts and things for you guys!
  • When you miss a day, try to catch up! That's definitely what I tried to do for the last days, No, I wasn't successful, but I was get 4,000-5,000 words in a day.
  • Follow Youtubers who are also doing NaNoWriMo. Katytastic is an amazing example. She really helped me along, but I was so busy at one point so I had to stop watching.
  • Participate in #10KTuesday if you're behind! It is on the final Tuesday and you have to write 10K in one day! I participated. It was so much fun! 
  • Enjoy yourself! Because I are crying and wallowing your face out, hitting your head on a counter in your kitchen, then you are so going to hate it and probably won't carry on!
  • Clear a little bit on time everyday to write. Or you'll be like me...
I hope that you were all successful! See you guys soon!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram