NaNoWriMo 2014- Day 1

November 02, 2014

“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.” 
-Toni Morrison

Evening guys! I hope you all are well!

I hope guys had a great Halloween this year, and that November brings you glory, And closer to CHRISTMASSSSS YAYY!!

So, I mentioned that I was doing NaNoWriMo soon. And yesterday was the official first day of the National Novel Writing Month a.k.a. November!
This is my first year doing NaNoWriMo, I really wanted to achieve something great this year, and if I win that's a pretty big achievement! I joined with a couple of my friends who are also doing it for the first time too!

It was really exciting staying up late on Halloween just planning and chatting to people on Twitter and then going straight into NaNo Word Sprints at Midnight. I did two word sprints at midnight and then continued later that morning, I ended up doing some editing and 4 more word sprints as well.

My overall for Day 1 was...
2901!
So I am officially ahead of schedule slightly but I don't care, that's a good thing! I haven't separated anything into chapters yet. And of course I don't think my words are very good, but you know what? That's what December is for!

In terms of documenting I am just using Microsoft Word, because I have never seen a computer without it. And I have also attached my USB to my keys, so I can update the story daily.
This a table I made up Excel to document my sprints and writing in general! I think it is really useful if you do this x P.S. I use Microsoft Word and Excel Starter.



Weird Facts

Today I have eaten a lot of... Meat! I went to a Brazilian Meat Buffet with my family, uggh, I am still so full... Oh, and before that, Tortilla Chips :D
Today I have drunk a lot of... Pink Lemonade.

I have actually hosted a word sprint yesterday, which had a couple of people join in with me! Follow me on twitter to find out when I next do a Word Sprint!
Maybe next time I will share an extract of my novel!

I hope that you liked the first post of 2014, and have a great day 2 of NaNoWriMo!
Love Rachel xx

Follow me on Twitter: @IamRachA201
Add me as your reading buddy for more updates: CreativityandCrazy

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram